Uyen has practiced law since 2002, focusing on competition, intellectual property, and commercial law. She joined Russin & Vecchi in 2022. She has been a lecturer of competition law, business law and international private law at CELG UEH University, School of Law, since 2004.
Competition and Antitrust, Corporate and Commercial
Ho Chi Minh University of Law (LLB, 2001) Macquarie University of Australia and Ho Chi Minh University of Law (LLM, 2006 & PhD, 2018)
Uyen has written or co-authored several articles and text books in both English and Vietnamese as follows:
• Structure of Vietnam Consumer Protection Law - A comparison with Australian Consumer Law, Journal of Legislative Study, 14 (462), July 2022.
• Refining the right to information in Vietnamese consumer law, Asian Journal of Comparative Law, 16(1), 61-83. doi:10.1017/asjcl.2021.13
• Characteristics and Legal Theory of Consumer Protection in Australia, Journal of Consumer & Commercial Law (Univerity of Houston) (Volume 23, No.3, Spring 2020).
• Postmodernism, Buddhism and Corporate power, Law in Global Political Economy: Heterodoxy Now, Harvard Law School, June 2-3, 2018.
• Protection on consumer right to information: Equilibrium or Opportunity? University of Houston, Santa Fe, New Mexico May 18-19, 2018.
• Consumer right to Information under the Law on Consumer Protection of Vietnam, "Research and recommendations: Legal changes in Vietnam", Melbourne Law School, August 16, 2016.
• Applicable laws and jurisdiction of competition enforcement agencies in Vietnam, Journal of Economic Development, No.287 (09/2014).
• Consumer Protection – Is a half of right the right? The Saigon Marketing Newspaper, No.05 (New Volume) 2014 (12.03.2014).
• Commercial Dispute Resolution under Court Judgements, Economic Publisher, 978-604-922-114-9.
• Competition in television industry is not as simple as in beverage business, Journal of Business and Law, No.37 (130) (05-10- 2013).
• Consumer protection in the Public Service Contracts, Journal of Business and Law, No.11(117) (20-03- 2013)
• Approaching mergers and acquisitions from the point of view of Competition law, Journal of Business and Law, No.21(98) (5.6.2012).
• Comparative Advertising and Business Freedom, The Saigon Times Magazine, No.26.20129 (1.123) (21.06.2012)
• Introduction to Law, Phuong Đong Publisher, 2010.
Russin & Vecchi was founded in Asia over 50 years ago to serve emerging economies.
From entry strategy to operations, we provide creative and alternative legal, business solutions in a wide range of areas. We bring practical and commercial answers to our clients.